Friday 8 July 2022

Commission: TT-37 speeder

Over the years I have been asked to build and paint a fair number of special and unusual models, many of which I have built myself. However, none of them can compete with my latest project, the TT-37, as it is by far the most unique commission I have participated in.

So what is it that makes this model so special? Well it started when the commissioner found some concept art that he particularly liked. He asked me to scratch build two speeders based on it and made a 3D model to make it easier for me to visualize the vehicle.

However as he fleshed out the model and incorporated parts from another vehicle model, particularly the crew and seating arrangement, it dawned on us both that I didn't need to scratch build anything, all that was needed was to send the blueprint off to someone who could print the model. I only had to add some details, do some simple modifications and paint the whole lot. 

So in the end it turns out that five people have been involved with this project, though two of them only tangentially:

  • The concept artist
  • The commissioner
  • Whoever made the model that the crew and seats came from
  • The person who 3D printed all the parts
  • And of course myself
So yeah, pretty special and unique. And extra credit has to go to the commissioner for creating such a good looking model, especially considering that he admitted to be rather new at this. Now you might be wondering where the crew models are, and to that I can only ask you to wait, those will be up in just a day or two. Enjoy!





 



No comments:

Post a Comment