Thursday 25 June 2015

Painting Corran Horn's E-wing

This paint guide I should probably have uploaded quite a few weeks ago. Still, I repeat my earlier excuse, steam sale and Darkest Dungeon. Anyway here's how I painted my Mk2 E-wing.



 
I started with a 1:4 mix of VMC Reflective Green and VGC Sick Green. This was followed by a thin wash of Army Painter Dark Tone ink all over the model. When that had dried I drybrushed the basecoat all over the model to remove and hide any streaks and uneven pooling from the wash.


I didn't want the ship to look neon green so for the the first highlight I mixed some old GW Rotting Flesh with Sick Green. Sadly I don't remember the exact ratio but it can't have been much more than 1:3


The second green highlight added more Dead Flesh and also a bit of VGC Khaki so the ratio was something around 1:2:3 (Khaki, Dead Flesh, Sick Green). I also picked out the cockpit windows and engine exhausts with VMC German Grey and the white markings was painted with a 1:1 mix of VGC Stonewall Grey and White



The white areas were highlighted with pure white while the green was got a third and final highlight consisting of a 1:1:1 mix of Khaki, Dead Flesh, and Sick Green. At least, that's what I think I did. When I painted this model I sadly forgot to write down the exact ratios.

To finish the model I added a simple reflection to the cockpit windows and painted some engine glow mainly using VGC Gory Red mixed with some white.


1 comment:

  1. I'm reading through your blog a few months on and I can't believe there aren't more comments - your work is incredible and you've inspired my to wheel out the milliput again!

    ReplyDelete